Wednesday, June 15, 2011

3 Meals vs. Every 3 Hours

The debate is on.  Which is a better way to eat during the day?  Just 3 square meals?  Or every 3 hours?  My trainer friend, with pleading hands, begged me to eat every 3 hours.  She is convinced that if I do eat every 3 hours I will start to drop weight.  I've tried that in the past and all I end up doing during the day is thinking about what I'm going to eat next.  When eating 3 meals a day I find that I get famished and tend to make not so good choices.  What does it really matter when I'm counting calories too?  Just as long as I stay with in my allotted amount of calories I should be fine right?

Today I seemed to be SUPER hungry.  I had gotten back from the water park with my kids and I was just hungry.  Something about being in the sun and water that makes one's hunger roar like a lion.  I didn't make very good choices.  But those choices didn't completely derail me either.  I would say that is success?   What's a fat girl to do?   Brush off that twix and move on to better choices.  

I think tomorrow, to prevent my hunger from roaring like a ravenous lion, I'm going to try and eat every 3 hours.  I think another of my problems is that I'm not getting enough protein in my diet.   I know protein keeps me fuller longer and helps me to build muscle.  

Off to make something yummy for dinner.

No comments: