Thursday, December 27, 2012

Musings on the year of 2012

Once again I sit here at the computer, changing the title to this blog to conform to my current situation.  I realized over this last year that life isn't just about balance in one area of life, it's all encompassing between spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental.  I know that if I can't find happiness with myself right now, it wont matter if the numbers go down on the scale, I'll still be searching for true happiness and joy.  I hope to transform this blog into my journey to find balance between all four facets of life.  I'm sure there are a lot more, but these four are the ones that weigh most heavily on my mind. 
Over the last few years I've worked really hard to strengthen 3 of the 4 areas in my life.  Those 3 areas were spiritual, emotional and mental.  But as the year went by, my physical self was set on the back burner.  I found myself looking in the mirror thinking, "Girl, what have you done (or not done) to yourself."  I realized that being physically healthy is just as important as being spiritual and emotionally healthy.  They are all so intimately connected.
There are several experiences that I've had that I hope to record and expound upon here.  I hope to share my thoughts, feelings, progress, and even a few recipes here.  I tend to have more success when I am actively recording the goings on in my life. 
As 2013 quickly approaches, I don't want another year to go by where I didn't do anything to help me find balance, happiness, joy and peace with who I am.  I have too much to live for to let my life be wasted by fear.  I found a saying on pinterest the other day that I just loved.  But that's for another post.

No comments: