Monday, April 23, 2012

No Sugar?

I can't believe it's been a whole month since the last time I posted something.  I realized that somethings never change with me.  One being the fact that I get so easily discouraged.  I haven't done anything good since this last post.  Despite losing a pound.

Over this past year I have watched several people around me successfully lose weight, and a lot of it.  Between 50-70lbs.  I think I'm still stuck in the desire to lose everything in a few short months.  Which, come on, really? That kind of weight loss is never permanent.  These people have inspired me to be consistent.  I realize that it's going to take me TIME to lose the amount of weight that I need to lose.  So I have set one long term goal for myself, accompanied by some monthly goals.  I have come to terms with the fact that it will take me about 10 months to lose 40lbs.  I hope to be able to lose 5lbs a month.  I don't think these goals are lofty or unattainable. In fact, I think they are highly reasonable and very attainable.

To Kick start my success I have committed to go 30 days without any sugar.  After going off of candy in January, this probably wont be as difficult as it might have been a year ago.

Easter really kicked my butt.  As it does every ding dang year.  I indulged in a huge container of Jelly Belly's from Costco, courtesy of my parents.  I still have yet to purchase myself candy in the store like I use too.  Which I'm sure is a habit that contributed to my current state.

These past few weeks of not drinking green smoothies and back to eating sugar has thrust me back into feeling sick, tired, and plain out of motivation to do anything.  I know this is due to the sugar.  It truly is poisoning my body.  For some psycho reason, I keep eating the damn stuff despite the side effects.
Over the past year I have overcome a lot of baggage, healed hurts, and improved my feelings of self worth.  I know I am not eating because of any of these reasons.  I truly believe it's out of habit now.  I am hoping that in this 30 days I will begin to break the bad habits that I have formed over 20 years.

This too, is a recurring theme of mine.  Just bare with me as I try to overcome it.

I have also discovered that the more I document my progress the better I do.  I hope to write at least once a week.  I am also going to document my eating and exercise once again at Myfitnesspal.com.  Love love lovie love this site.

Here's to 30 days without sugar.


No comments: