Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sacrifices

Along the pathway of life we all make sacrifices. As I've been thinking about my current situation as a mother, there is more way then one that I sacrifice.

About a week ago I felt like I was in a tornado. There was so many good things that I want to do with my life right now. I still want to lose weight. In addition to that I still want to break my emotional eating, naturally eat healthy, improve my relationship with my children and become a positive disciplinarian. As I thought about all of those huge task, I felt overwhelmed and discouraged!

As I knelt in prayer a few nights ago, the impression I recieved was to focus on my relationship with my children. I need to foster a relationship of love and trust with my children. So to this end I once again am sacrificing myself for them. I will be over weight for a little while longer in the name of Love and Motherhood. Kudos to those women who can lose weight and be super Mom. I am not one of them. I am not ashamed to admit it.

I will still be exercising, because I love it and it's so good for me to continue on that journey. But I will not be focusing on my weight loss. I have to put all of my efforts into my children right now. Too soon will they be gone from my home. When that happens I want them to have a desire to return and feel comfortable coming back when ever they need to. I don't want them to despise home and have a feeling of "I'm never go back there!".

I also realize that my emotional eating is attached to my children. I hope as I focus on them and foster greater relationships with them that I will help that aspect of my life. **Sigh** One can only pray for such a miracle.

I am not going to abandon all reason either. I will still try to eat healthy and make good choices. I'm just not going to count calories or be a carb nazi. But I will try to fnd balance with food as I put my energies elsewhere.

I hope to write about my continued journy here. It will take on a slightly different twist. It's good to document and write things down. Right?

No comments: