Friday, April 30, 2010

Empowerment.

Even though I'm not focusing wholly on weight loss, I can not let myself go. I can already feel my chubs returning around my mid-drift. My pants are a little tighter and my shirts aren't fitting like I like them. There is no way I'm going to put on my Friday pants cause I know exactly how they'll feel.

I have to do something.

I want to do something.

So what is it that I do?

Empower myself. I thought about Empowerment a lot yesterday. I remember how it felt to have control over food. Remember, I did lose 23lbs last year. It was an amazing feeling. It felt so good to be in control of my life. Yes, sometimes I gave into temptation. But who doesn't? I'm not asking myself to be perfect. I'm just asking for a little empowerment.

Food is just food. It's always going to be there. I know I've said that before. I guess I need reminding. My chubs will always be here too if I don't take control.

How do we find empowerment? It comes from deep down inside. And man, you have to dig deep. That's what I'm going to have to do, dig deep. I refuse to let myself gain weight while I focus on my kids. That is just defeating the purpose.

I have to have a plan to follow to be successful. I also feel like I have information overload, not know which plan to choose. I keep flling back to Body for Life. So simple, a portion of carb and a portion of protien with a veggie with lunch and dinner. Simple enough, and I can do that for the rest of my life.

It's getting rid of the junk that's going to be the hard part. But getting rid of that and saying no to that is what empowers me. And that's where you have to dig deep.

It's so funny to look back at the first 3 months of this year. I didn't think that what I was doing was workng. But as my clothes begin to feel tighter, I realize that it was working. I don't give myself enough credit. I need to keep plugging along and give myself a pat on the back for all my hard work. It just takes time, and I need to allow for that time.

Time and Empowerment. Digging Deep and sticking to a plan. That's my new strategy.

2 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

You can do it! Remember, you're the one who inspired me to start this journey. We'll get there eventually!

Liz said...

Hey- I have been thinking of doing Body for Life too. I am curious what your menus look like- would you be willing to post some of your favorite meals/ menus for the day? I think you are fabulous Amberlyn! You work so hard!