Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Plan

As I mentioned before I feel strongly that you have to have a plan to be successful. When ever I've followed a plan in the past I've found success. This time is no different. My plan is to follow Body for Life while watching the calories. I don't really enjoy counting calories. So to make things a little easier for me, I'm going to eat the same thing for Breakfast, Lunch and my two snacks. I will go bonkers if I have to count different calories every single day. I think this is one of the reasons I quit and run out of steam. So if I figure out my calories for an entire week with just 4 meals, that's easy. I didnt include dinner cause that does change every night. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Body for Life Eating Program, it's simple. At every meal you eat a portion of protien with a portion of carb. At lunch and dinner you eat a portion of veggies as well.I'm going to try and not eat any carbs at dinner. In my "old"age, carbs go straight to my gut, which is my problem area. Instead of carbs I'm going to eat a huge salad! I'm not going to eat anything after dinner. If I get hungry I'm going to go for an orange or an apple. I might pair that with some cottage cheese, since protien will fill me up. In addition to that, I'm going to try the ice water.

My meal plan for Week 1(geez, how many week one's have been featured on this blog? 1 to many!)

Breakfast(245):
Tortilla Scrambler
1 whole wheat tortilla 100
1 egg, 2 egg whites 135
2 tablespoons salsa 10

Snack (263):
Chocolate Protien Shake
1 Cup Milk 110
1 scoop chocolate protien powder 120
1/2 banana 66

Lunch (410):
Chicken Salad on Whole Wheat
1 chicken breast 100
diced green onion 10
diced bell pepper 10
grape halves 30
1 tbsp light mayo 30
2 tbsp light sour cream 40
lettuce
cucumber
2 slices home made whole wheat bread 160
Steamed Broccoli 30

Snack (150):
Cottage Cheese and Manderin Oranges

I can't let my life get out of control. Besides, what I was doing in the beginning of this year was working. I'm going to refocus my energies and get going again. Notice, no sweets in the mix there? That is going to be the hardest part of all of this. As I've metioned before. I just can't take part in sweets anymore. My body just can't take it.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Your chicken salad recipe looks yummy ... I'll have to try it! Thanks for posting your plan!