Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Just Blabbing about Blubber

Last night I watched the Biggest Loser.  How can you watch that show and NOT get inspired.  One thing I'm always reminded of when I watch that show is the amount of weight I have to lose.  I am truly grateful to have just 30lbs to lose instead of 130lbs.  Still, 30lbs still seems like a lot when you have to get it done.  The whole eating right and exercising.  Watching those people puke and sweat and cry and faint,sheesh.  I realized that I am not working hard enough to reach my goals either.  I still have to learn to put my Faith into action.  I can't see myself thin, I've never been good at visualization.  But I know that if I eat right and exercise that goal will come to fruition.  My day to day actions will bring me closer and closer to my desired goal.  Just like my day to day actions as a Mother will hopefully, one day, produce righteous children.  Cooking, cleaning, laundry, helping with homework, teaching FHE, family prayer, family scripture study have to amount to something, right?  All that takes Faith. 

And Faith without works is dead.  Not only am I trying to figure out this whole eating thing without dieting, I've designated 9-10am as my workout time.  This morning I did Tae-Bo.  LOVE Tae-bo!!  I need more of those kinds of workouts.  In addition to that I am praying more then just in the morning and at night.  I know I'm not strong enough to do this on my own.  I have to put my Faith in something that is far stronger and more powerful then myself.  I find that I am praying a lot. 

I am still waiting to get back my Best Life diet book back from a friend.  I am excited to dive into that.  Liz, if your reading this I would love for you to join me.  And anyone else who would like to loving change your life. 

I'm tired and worn out.  It's been a long day.  I still think about food most of the day.  I am trying to re-focus my thoughts.  I've been so wrapped up in that type of thinking it's going to take a lot of work to get new thoughts to replace the old ones.  I know it's possible.  Writing helps a lot. 

I have to confess, that since I let go of dieting I am so much happier, with me, on the inside.  I'm a little heavier too, as I mentioned before.  But dang, I'm happier.  Now if I could just balance that happiness with how I feel about my body.  That is my ultimate goal.  I can feel it, it's happening.  Slowly, but surely, it's all coming together. 

That was a long blab session!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

You look absolutely GORGEOUS in this picture!