Friday, October 29, 2010

Preparations

I am preparing to start a new way of life on Nov. 1st.  In the past 2 months I have gained 4lbs.  Which is disheartening to me.  And it's all due to me eating like I'm a teenager.  I'm not even in my twenties, but my mid-thirties.  This type of eating is just not sustainable for my ever changing and maturing body.  This way of life must stop and change into something more grown-up and sophisticated. 

My hope is to make permanent changes that will help me to loose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.  I know that it is not going to "just happen".  I have to put my faith to work.  And it is going to be work.  Temptations are still going to be there and I am going to have to fight them everyday. 

I was introduced to a program called Diet Power 4.4 that tracks your calories and exercise.  I have set a goal to lose 10lbs by December 31st.  My husband thinks I'm crazy to do it over the holidays.  But the holidays come around every year.  I want to prove to myself that I am strong enough to make the right choices and to overcome temptations.  I'm just tired of my pants not fitting.  Something has to be done. 

I am still going to be working on my addiction to food through He Did Deliver Me From Bondage.  There are issues that still need to be addressed and a void that I'm still trying to fill with food. 

I am going to run through the rest of the Fall and Winter.  I know that running really does help me lose weight.  I'm going to still run outside when the sun is shining, when possible.  I am going to wake up before the sun and do yoga and stretching.  This is important to my mental and back health.  I'm so over getting up and beating myself up with hard aerobics.  That can wait till later in the day.  I want to wake up slowly and give myself a little love.  I am going to start adding in weight training.  I've missed that more then anything.  I just don't have the self motivation to do it on my own.  Enter Melissa. 

I haven't been blogging for fear of failure.  There is a certain number that I get down to and I can't seem to get past that number.  I can never seem to go longer then 3 months.  This trend must stop.  I have to get below that plateau number.  I will.  I have to.  It's for my health, my life, and my spirituality.  I know I've said this before.  I have a lot of conviction this time and a lot more perspective.  I'm ready.  I want my life to be full of vigor and joy.  Not tiredness and mediocre.

I'm starting my 100 days over.  I'm breaking it down by 30 days at a time.  November 1st, 2010 will be the beginning day.  The 100th day will be February 10th.  Unfortunately I now have 30lbs to lose instead of just 20.  100 days will not be efficent for me to reach my goal.  But I will be closer then I am today.  And we have to start somewhere. 

I know I am not the only one struggling.  I open this blog up to anyone who would like to join me in my quest.  I am going to be posting questions from He Did Deliver Me From Bondage and hope to get insight from others who are struggling just like I am.  I know that there is great power in numbers.  My hope is that we all can learn and overcome together. 

2 comments:

The Path Traveled said...

Sounds fun...count me in for the thirty!

Sal-my-gal said...

I'm in! Starting my running program over from square one this week. Hopefully I can get my head in the game. That's the hard part for me.

Was a day ever chosen for get-togethers?