Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Not too bad

I ran the farthest I've run in years this past Saturday.  I was hoping for 6 miles but didn't figure my route correctly and just went about 5.5miles.  I am slower then snails as well.  I went out again this morning and logged 4.3 miles.  Again, super slow.  I don't think I would be able to go as long as I've been going if it weren't for the heart rate training.  I keep trying to tell myself that it's not about how long it's taking me, but that I'm simply getting out there and doing it.  I pondered a lot on my run this morning how I felt while running and how I really felt about the time it takes me to run my various distances.  At first I was disappointed, but as I pondered more and more I realized that all that can change.  I'm still carrying a lot of extra weight.  I know that if this weight was off of me I wouldn't have to try and lug around so much while I was running.  But the only way the weight is going to come off is if I eat foods that will help me feel light and healthy.  Same old story peeps.  Eat lots of vegetables, fruits and grains.  I was going to google what it is that runners should be eating, but I already know how to eat.  I just need to start doing it. Plain and simple.

I really do love how running makes me feel.  Why I ever stopped, is beyond me.  Well, I know why, and I wish I would have ran through those difficult times.  I think they would have been a lot easier to deal with then just sitting around moping.

Today is the 4th of July.  I am grateful that I have the freedom to choose how I want to live my life.  I am not living my life to the fullest right now either.  I am allowing my nutrition to get in the way of me leading a more successful and happy life.  And I am choosing that consciously.  Right now I am okay with that.  I am making changes in my life that are slow, but they are steady and more changes will come.  I am happy.  Probably more happy then I've been in a very long time.  I am grateful for the challenge to train for a 1/2 marathon.  Sometimes the idea still makes me want to vomit.  But look where I've come in just a few short weeks.  Amazing what the body can do if you just allow it to.

No comments: