Monday, September 1, 2008

Here we go again

Man, this whole striving to lose weight gig is the biggest yo-yo of my life. It sure comes with it' s major, and I mean MAJOR, ups and downs. Since I've gained back ALL of my weight with Absolute I decided to get back on the band wagon. I'm hoping this time it will last longer.

In the past few weeks I came to realize something that I have never realized before. That is, losing weight is a righteous desire. We can supplicate to the Lord with any righteous desire and he will help us achieve that goal. I always thought that wanting to lose weight was vane and prideful and selfish. But is over indulgence a sin or a righteous desire? Uh, duh, it's a sin. I no longer want to be sick and afflicted with the food that I feed my emptiness. I want to have a good quality of life.

Yes, I have struggled with prayer before. And it wasn't until this last Education Week and struggles that I had with my silly cub scout calling did I realize the power in prayer. So I am now using it to my advantage and realize, that yes, losing weight is something that I can total pray to my Heavenly Father for help. Through prayer, something else is starting to happen, my emptiness is starting to be filled. Filled with gratitude, love and a change of heart.

Gratitude is something that I need more in my life. To remind me of how good I actually have it. So I started yet another blog. This time, to write down once a day something that I am grateful for. I am doing it to keep me in check. This is the sight.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Prayer is such a basic principle, but one I think that many people struggle with...silently.

I really have struggled with it, and only in the last couple of years has it gotten any better and really only in the last little while has it really felt good.

Elder Bedar gave a talk last conference called Ask in Faith. I highly recommend it! It really helped me to put prayer (my prayers) in perspective.

Amy said...

You'll do great!

Don't be too hard on yourself when you make mistakes.

And listen to Denise... she is smarter than me. :)