Monday, August 25, 2008

Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming

I've been swimming laps in the morning for 2 months now (at 6:30 a.m. nonetheless) and I love it. It's the only kind of exercise I get out of bed for. I'm trying to work up to swim a mile. I'm doing about 1/2 mile right now.

Next month, I've switched my lane time to 8 a.m. Amberlyn and I are going to switch babysitting the younger ones so we can do it (sort of ) together. I'm looking forward to the extra 1/2 hour of sleep and I'm excited for Amberlyn to try it.

Another random type of exercise I tried last week is a Hip Hop Dance class at the gym. So Fun! I'm hooked. The thing is that it tricks my mind and body into thinking it's dancing instead of exercise. And I've always felt bad for not making the Northwest High School Honey Bears squad so this is my chance to dance my heart out! As long as I don't glance in the mirrors- I'm good.

1 comment:

Amberlyn said...

Yes, swimming is the BEST!!!!! I finally made it today and I loved every minute of it and can't wait to go tomorrow.