Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ferocious

About two nights ago my appetite turned ferocious and I could not tame it. No matter what I ate, I was still hungry. Yesterday was a terrible day. I ate and ate and ate and never felt satisfied. What is up with that? As I thought a little more about this, I made a connection. I started to eat more as soon as I realized that it was my turn to conduct Cub Scouts. Is that the silliest thing you've ever heard? I thought about it all day yesterday and to calm my nerves I fed them food. I soooo do not need this in my life. I have had this calling for almost 2 years. It is a very stressful calling in a ward that is over 55% children. I am done. I hate what it is doing to me physically and mentally. I am going to ask to be released this Sunday. I have never in my whole life done this before. But I feel it is vital for my well being. I hate feeling this way about a calling, but it is what it is. What would you do if you had a calling that effected you this way?

2 comments:

Denise said...

I would probably asked to be released...but you are a better person than me, so

...I am going to ask you the old Sunday school question.

Have you prayed about it?

Now that you know why...can you fix it?

Instead of asking to be released can you ask for something that might make it better?

You are stronger than you think. Stronger than the food.

And heck, stronger than a bunch of puny cub scouts!

Amy said...

So did you?

Let's talk tomorrow!