Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Coke Vice

This past weekend I had my cousin and her 4 kids staying with me. Due to my Grandmother passing away they needed somewhere to stay. My cousin has always been big. But her sisters were always bigger. Not this time. I was disappointed to see that she looked like she had gained a ton of weight. I am estimating that she weighs over 300lbs. During her stay not once did she ask to help me cook, or clean. That was very frustrating. Then I watched as she opened up soda after soda. I thought to myself, I was once like that. But not anymore. Since Hannah's last day of baseball tournament I vowed not to drink any soda unless I am out to eat. I have stuck to that commitment. After watching my cousin and her husband, I am so grateful that I have made that change. I haven't noticed a difference on the scale. But I feel so proud of myself for overcoming that hurdle. Soda has been another one of those comfort things. I turn to it when I am overwhelmed, or stressed out with the kids. But I don't need it anymore.

No comments: