Monday, August 4, 2008

"Absolute"ly Wonderful

So I mentioned on my personal blog that I would give the details of my weight loss on this blog. Please feel free to email me at bizemomof5@gmail.com if you would like further details.

Amberlyn heard about Absolute from a friend of mine that does our hair. So Amberlyn mentioned it to me and we decided to start it together.

My explanation of what Absolute is:
It's like a medically-based Weight Watchers. The reason I say this is the coaches and staff aren't just people who have lost weight on their program. They are trained professionals in the areas of diet and nutrition. Plus they give you some really great drugs to help you out. The nutrition part of it is high protein, low fat and low carbs. I basically won't be eating breads and pastas for the rest of my life-which I'm totally okay with. The diet part of it is also geared to increase your metabolism- beginning with a 3 day fast start of only meat and raw veggies. They also recommend that you eat at least every 4 hours. As far as the drugs go, they can prescribe (a NP is on staff) an appetite suppressant which has saved me from mindlessly eating and cheating. Once a week, you get vitamin B6 and B12 shots which help with energy and metabolism. I can really tell a difference when I get these shots- they really help. This program is a bit pricey. It's around $130 the first month and $85/month your second month on. I think it's worth every penny because if you follow the program, it works. One of my most favorite parts of the program is once a month, when you go in for your monthly check-up, they weigh you on a body composition scale. This tells you how much of your weight is fat, muscle, and water. This way, you know what you are losing. And they don't want you to lose muscle. If you lose muscle, you are doing it wrong. I love this because my third month, the weight wasn't coming off as quickly and I was discouraged. When I went in for my check-up, I saw that I had gained 4.5 pounds of muscle that month. Obviously, that means didn't lose as much weight as I thought but my clothes fit better. This helps me to understand that I should be proud of that muscle instead of stress that it's not coming off very quickly.

My goal when I started the program was to lose 10 pounds each month. I've been doing it for 4 months and lost 44 pounds so I'm right on target. I don't know if my weight loss will continue at this rate or not but I'm not going to be too concerned about it....I'm just going to keep plugging along.

Why now?
I'm not sure why this is working now or why I have the willpower to stick to it... there's probably more than one reason. 1)I saw it work quickly- I didn't have to wait weeks to see any change 2) I'm done having kids so as long as I stay focused, the risk of me putting the weight back on is low 3)I feel great about myself 4) I realized the older I got, the more my extra weight would hinder me from doing the things I love to do 5) Now that my kids are a little bit older, I don't feel guilty making time for myself.

Like I said, if you have any questions... feel free to e-mail me. I'm not sure who all reads this blog but if you would like to see my Before and During pictures, go to my personal blog at www.thehuhtalafamily.blogspot.com

I'm going to post my current weight at the end of every post so I can see my progress....

186 pounds

1 comment:

Randi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.