Monday, August 4, 2008

Dead Woman Running

Amberlyn asked if I would run a 5k with her in September. I have never run a day in my life but feeling brave in my new body, I told her I'd give it a shot. I didn't make any promises.

So tonight we went on our first practice run/walk. We went a distance of 1.5 miles (approx. half of the 5k) running for 2 minutes and walking for 3. We alternated this over and over.

I thought I was going to die but I did not give up! Thanks to Amberlyn and Ed encouraging me the whole way. I thought I was going to die.

I feel pretty good now.... except that I've been sitting blogging for about an hour so I'm not sure what will happen when I try to get up....

It definitely gives me more appreciation for my lap swimming in the mornings- maybe I'll work up to running TO and FROM the pool. Not!

2 comments:

Amberlyn said...

You did a great job jogging last night. Especially since I just pulled those numbers out of the air and realized I was way off after talking with Leslie.
Running is one of those things that you see change in quickly. Change in your body thus change in the work out i.e. easier.
Keep it up. You wont be sorry.

Hilary said...

I have a really hard time with jogging. I still have extra weight, and my body just ended-up hurting, so I had to stop.
I also hated it, which isn't the way I wanted to feel during a workout. I mean, I don't LOVE the workouts I do now... but you know. :)