Wednesday, August 6, 2008

10 minute workout, jogging and the plank

I made a huge impulse buy the other morning. I finally got it in the mail last Wednesday. I started it on Monday. And it is kicking my butt!!!! Literally, I hope it is. I never thought in a million years that a work out could be so intense and precise and all be done in 10 minutes. Of course you are suppose to "stalk" the workouts. But I am pacing myself. I am already sore and loving every minute of it. I can't wait to watch my body get stronger and stronger.

I might not be that great at dieting, to addicted to food. But I do love to work out. Like Amy mentioned we started jogging to get ready for this 5k. I went jogging with Leslie this morning and we went twice as far as I did with Amy and I thought I was going to die. But it felt so dang good. To know that I was able to do that, even with my fat butt singing the jello jiggler song. You know, the one that chimes, "jiggle jiggle, jiggle those jigglers." My song wasn't referring to jello, but my two bulbous butt cheeks that jiggle like jello. We went just under 3.5 miles. After jogging I challenged Leslie to do the plank for one minute when she got home. I immediately undressed Grace and had Hannah start the timer. If you want an amazing core work out, try the plank on for size. I almost made it for 1 minute. I had to put my knees down twice for a few seconds. My goal is to be able to do it completely for 1 minute.

All I can say is thank goodness for exercise. It is saving my butt. Someday I will have the eating under control. Maybe that day will be when I'm done nursing Grace and I don't have such a ferocious appetite.

No comments: