Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ever felt this way?

Since I have been an exercising fiend lately I was excited to step on the scales. I can sort of tell my stomach has gone down a little bit, yeah for me. So I was feeling pretty encourage. I stepped on the scale and the exact opposite happened. I so hate that. You work and work and work so hard to attain a little bit of success and it isn't even supported by the stupid scale.
Melissa tells me over and over again that weight loss is 80% diet. Screw dieting. I hate dieting. Why can't I see a difference with the small and simple changes that I've made in my life. I am making much better choices and I have cut out diet coke. Hello!!!!!!!! I haven't even replaced that with chocolate. I know I need to work harder at improving my eating. But come on, I need a little encouragement here. Can't the scale cooperate with me just this ONE time!!!
My solution is to continue to work out to the max. Run, walk, 10 minute dealio thing, 60 minutes every tuesday with Melissa. Someday it will begin to fall off. Till then, you get to continue hear me complain and mope and groan about how stinking hard it is, and how unfair it is.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Muscle weighs more than fat...and as you gain muscle, the scale is going to go up!

But if your pants fit better and your stomach is smaller, then you HAVE TO (MUST) start looking for the other signs of weight.

Throw the scale out. It is not your friend, it does not care about you, and it is not helping you!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep going. You are making progress. You just need to find other ways to see it!

Amberlyn said...

Denise, I'm so glad your back!!!!

You make me laugh which is what I need on a daily basis!!!