Monday, March 15, 2010

Home again, Home again

My vacation is over. I'm back to the day to day routine. I woke up and headed to the gym this morning. My favorite instructor substituted in my spin class this morning which was a pleasant surprise. I was conscious of my eating choices and still indulged in 3 pieces of licorice and a few bites of a garlic roll. Remind me again why nutrition is so powerful in weight loss? Why can't I exercise for 3 hours a day, be careful with what I eat and lose weight. Why do I have to be a nazi in the kitchen. I love being the bedtime nazi, the brush your teeth nazi, the get your homework done nazi, but the kitchen nazi I am NOT!!! Why can't nature balance itself out and just let me lose weight by exercising my guts out. It just doesn't seem fair!!! I guess life isn't fair. I guess I'll have to start being the kitchen nazi.

It just seems like I'm going in circles and not getting anywhere. I'm still not ready to give up. I'll keep going in circles until I find my groove.

This week I'm going back to the Body for Life eating program. It's simple, straight forward and easy to follow. No counting calories. Just portions. That's up my ally and something I can stick to for the rest of my life.

What are you doing to find weight loss success?

2 comments:

Darcy said...

I lost three pounds last week and gained it all back this weekend. Weekends are certainly the hardest for me. I keep going in circles myself but atleast that is better than continually going up!

Randi said...

Weight Watchers and counting calories is the only thing that has really worked for me in the past. Since I am not wanting to pay for WW, I am tracking my calories on TheDailyPlate.com and it's working. I am not weighing myself, but my clothes are looser. Also, I am exercising an hour 6 days a week. Nothing extreme, but I have found doing intervals, run, walk, run walk really works. If you do anything too steady, run all the time, walk all the time, your body adjusts to it. You have to throw your body off. When I hit a plateau, I zig zag my calories, too. But it has all come down to an ultimate life-style change for myself. I recently found out my cholesterol and Blood pressure is thru the roof and if I am going to avoid being on meds, I HAVE to make some serious changes. That was kind of the kick in the butt I needed. Good luck!