Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Building a Firm Foundation

This past week I finally went to the Dr. about my foot.  I reached out to my neighbor who is a chiropracter/holistic dr.  I was just tired of my foot hurting and feeling like it was holding me back.  The pain aches so much sometimes its hard to even do daily house chores.  I just want to sit and rest it all day long.  But I can't do that forever.  So I prayed about it and was prompted to reach out to Bro. Massamini.
In our e-mail thread he asked me to think about what type of message my body was trying to send me through my feet hurting.  Weird, I know.  But as I thought about what he said and the questions he had me ask myself and the Lord, it made sense.  Some of the things he mentioned were my foundation.  My Mom has always been a strong foundation for me in raising my children, relying on her for advice, to watch my kids, to give me relief when life seemed to hard to handle.  Now, she has cancer and can't be that rock for me. He suggested maybe I need to ask myself if the Savior is my foundation.  He will be there when my Mom no longer is.  I was a little put off by that because I felt like my foundation in my Savior is pretty strong.  Especially since I've been devoting my morning to study and pondering.  Alas, I took his counsel and started to ask.

Bro. Massamini came over and looked at my foot.  I don't have plantar faciitis, but possibly a bone spur.  I went to his office the next morning to get an x-ray done of my foot.  There still was no clear evidence of a bone spur, slight calcification but nothing serious.   No resolve for my foot.  Then he x-rayed my pelvis and lower back.  Low and behold my pelvis is tilted down to the right by 16 milimeters and to compensate my spine is curved.  I have scoliosis.  Yay me.  Bro. M kept referring to my core as my foundation.  There is a lot of work to be done to make that foundation stronger.  He told me I had to stop all exercise, even Yoga.  GASP!!  What?!!  Yoga was my last resort since I couldn't do any kind of cardio, not even walking!  My life, it felt like it was coming to an end.  I know, I'm being dramatic, but what ev's.  It felt devastating.  He gave me a shoe lift to equalize my pelvis.  I have to slowly raise it.  Then I have to do core exercises to help straighten and strengthen my spine.  100 a day, yay me!!

Bro. M said that my body is under a lot of stress with my spine being in the condition its in.  Which leads to higher levels of anxiety and depression.  So its no small miracle that I have stayed as stable as I have over the years.

As I was showering on Sunday this thought of foundations kept running through my mind.  Christ being my spiritual foundation.  Then the spirit whispered to my mind, "you also need to strengthen your health foundation through food, and your physical foundation through your core."  WOW!!  I felt like the Lord had just given me permission to not exercise so I could focus solely on building up my foundations. Preparing for an unknown, shaky, tumultuous future?  Who knows.  All I know is that I need to straight way be obedient.  I know what's its like to not be obedient.  And its not pretty, its not fun, and life is more challenging. I felt a overwhelming feeling of Love from my Heavenly Father for giving me such clear direction for my life.

Almost the very next day I wanted to give it all up.  Why?  My brain and body told me that what the Lord was asking of me was going to be too difficult.  In the past I have listened to my brain and my body and given up, wasn't obedient, reverted back to what was comfortable.  Look where that's gotten me, overweight, unhealthy and seeking for something better.

Its no coincidence that this revelation came after understanding how important work is in my own life.  I now have something of value to work towards.  Something that is going to really truly be life changing for me.  That is WORKING on my FOUNDATIONS!  I can not be afraid of the work that its going to take to strengthen those foundations.  After I have build my foundations stronger, then I can start to add more things.  With my spiritual foundation, I'll be able to withstand and storm or tempest that comes my way.  With my food foundation, I will have habits that will help me through the rest of my life being able to once and for all overcome weakness towards food.  With my physical foundation, I'll be able to add in coardio, serve with greater ferver, live my life to my truest potential.  Yes, I am going to have to work.  But the end result is exciting!!!

No comments: