Monday, June 2, 2008

Random Thoughts

Lately I have made a point to watch Oprah. Tragic as it may be, sometimes she actually has good segments. The last few episodes have been on weight and accepting yourself for who you are. The episode this past friday was about feeling good about yourself Naked. Yes, naked. As these brave women bared it all to millions of people I realized something, I look just like them. I have a body that is not perfect, but it is beautiful. My body has been strong enough to bare 6 children and then even stronger to take care of them. Yes, baring these children has taken it's toll on me. My stomach will never be washboard tight, not that it ever was. My boob will never be perky and saluting the sun as it comes up in the morning. But my stretched marked stomach gave life My now sagging and constantly expanding and draining breast still sustain life. Which is so much more important then me being a size 6. Sure it would be nice, but that wont bring me happiness.
So I am taking the steps to accept myself for who I am at this very moment. A lactating mother of 6, who has the curves to prove it. I am going to go out and purchase clothing that accentuates all my gorgeous curves. Yes, I do fit into clothing that I had before Grace, but their just a little bit too tight and I want something that makes me feel GREAT. I really truly believe that if you feel good in your clothing, you feel GREAT about yourself. And when you feel GREAT about yourself you treat yourself so much better. And besides, summer is starting, I need that boost to get me going.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I could not agree with you more.

Whatever weight you are it is so important to feel good about yourself...thin or fat, every woman should feel really great about themselves, and you cannot do that in clothes that are too tight or clothes that are really loose and hide you away.

Good for you! Can't wait to see.