Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Why?

Why is it that food has to be so good and desirable. I wish I had the self-discipline to refuse to eat when tempted, or hungry, or stressed, or hormonal. I like to blame this new go around of failures on hormones. I hate being on my period. I get bloated, sad, and want to eat like a cow! Or is this just another excuse for my bad eating habits. I guess it could be. But, I generally do much better during other times of the month. I'm just disappointed in myself for failing once again. Up and down, up and down, up and down. Goodness, weight loss is such an emotional roller coaster, it's simply maddening!! I've been trying to do the usual u-turn. I end up just going around in circles.

So I sit, trying to write through my thoughts and feelings. I want to be successful in my endeavor and I hate to revert back to such bad habits. I guess we are not with out our failings.

I've missed watching the Biggest Loser. There is always something said that is so empowering to me. This time it was this quote, "They realized their dream and worked to achieve it." My dream is to finally lose my last 20lbs. I am willing to stick to counting calories until my kids get out of school to reach my goal. I have to, I must, nothings going to get in my way. Yes, I will have set backs like yesterday and today. But tomorrow is a new day. I have a new determination and desire to continue down my path. Yes, it's going to be hard and tiring. But it's going to be so worth it in the end.

We all have bad days, and sometimes those days might pile up. But all is never lost. Thank goodness for forgiveness and the hope of a new day.

2 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

I wonder the same thing! Tomorrow is a new day. I vow to do better with you.

Darcy said...

I can relate to you so much. I look at myself in the mirror and get utterly disgusted and do really well on my diet for a couple of day, but then I end up pigging out again. What the heck is my problem? I get so mad at myself I just want to cry. I can't figure myself out. It should be so easy right, just eat less calories. It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to struggle with in my life.