Friday, February 19, 2010

Sleep Wins

This past week I have felt more exhausted then ever before. Getting up at 4:45am to get to the gym by 5am has been killer for me. On top of that I'm still getting extremely sore when I lift weights with Melissa. Seriously, when will the soreness ever not haunt me? I know the soreness that I feel is a good sore, it means my body is changing. But being that sore and that exhausted on top of feelings of giving up were not a good combo this week. I opted to sleep on Wednesday morning and also this morning. I felt as if my body deserved a little break.

Thoughts of exercising too much also started to creep into my head. Is it possible to exercise too much? Monday I worked out for 90 minutes, Tuesday = 3 hours, Wed = 2 hours, Thursday = 2 hours and 30 minutes. I have yet to work out today, Friday(I will be going for a run this afternoon). Then I step on the scale and find that I've lost 1.1lbs. Holy Crap. Another loss. Even with me still struggling with my eating and being so tired I managed to have a successful week. So, No, I don't think I can exercise too much. My exercise is making up for mistakes in eating.

I am more determined then ever to be better for the next 2 weeks. We will be going to Disneyland and I want to do better then I've done so far. I need to stock my fridge with cut veggies. I need get a fat-free dip to dip them into. I need to make sure I have fruit to snack on and lots of lettuce to make myself salads in the evenings. I can't believe that I lost weight again. I'm sure the loss would have been greater if I had just been better with my nutrition. That's all behind me now. I keep saying that week after week after blessed week. One thought that I had this past week and I'm going to make it my new mantra is this:

Food will always be there. And so will my weight if I don't stop treating food like it's my last day on earth.

Food will ALWAYS be there, waiting for me. Waiting, waiting, waiting. But I'm going to still keep this extra weight on me if I keep eating, eating, eating. I've got to be somewhat strict with myself just through the end of May so I can't lose this weight. Then I can eat like a regular person, work out hard, and maintain.

2 months are almost up and I've only lost 5lbs. , maybe. What the heck? I can feel it though. My body wants this, it wants to change. It's just testing me to see if what I'm doing is for real. If I'm truly serious about this new exercise and nutrition gig. Well, it is for real. And I mean business!!!

I also tried on my Friday pants and they are beginning to fit much better. Stil a little snug. But I'm finally starting to see some results.

1 comment:

Sal-my-gal said...

Congrats on your loss!