Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4: Getting better prepared

Last night I called Melissa in tears.  Trying to please Diet Power has comletely psyched me out.  I had to call her to get my mind smoothed out.  She gave me some great advice and a guide to follow.  She gave me 12 groups to choose from.  Advising me to mix 3 or 4 of these to make a meal.  She still encouraged me to count my calories.  But if I choose from these groups things should balance out. 
1- Almonds, nuts
2- Beans, legumes
3- Spinach, green, yellow, red bell peppers, dark veggies
4- Dairy
5- Oatmeal
6- Eggs
7- Turkey, tilapia, chicken
8- Peanut, Almond, or Cashew Butter
9- Whole grains
10- Whey protein powder, Ricotta cheese
11- Berries, melon
12- Olive Oil

This is just a quick run through.  I'm hoping to get the book from her to read more on it.  I've talked about this before, a little, in an effort to take the guess work out of eating, and easy on the wallet, I'm making a daily menu and eating it for a week.  The only thing that is going to differ is dinner.  And even then, just the protein is going to differ.  I'm going to try and not eat carbs at dinner, and just a huge salad with a side of veggies.  I've done this in the past and noticed a difference just after a week, in my belly that is.  One of my huge trouble areas. 

I worked out with M this morning and wanted to cry.  I forgot how hard her workouts are.  Even though they are difficult, they are equally rewarding.  Knowing I survived and didn't die is a miracle.  I might feel like fainting or vomiting, but as long as I can  walk out of the house its all good.

No comments: