Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yesterday I went to lunch with my good friend Melissa. She is a health and fitness nut!!! She is such a wonderful example to me and a great support. She helped me lose weight after I had Beckham.
Over lunch we talked about this man that we saw on TLC. He has helped several stars lose weight. He has a 4 step process. 1. Eat when your hungry 2. Eat what you want 3. Put your fork and knife down after every bite 4. Chew each bite 20 times. He is convinced that if you follow these rules that you can and will lose weight. This is why Melissa is such a good example to me. As we were eating at the Smokehouse, I was scarfing down my salad and Thai Chicken Pizza while Melissa immediately applied this technique. She ended up eating only a 1/4 of her pizza and I ended up eating the ENTIRE slice. These aren't small slices either. She really felt full after that 1/4 was gone. I really felt like I should slow down too, but the food tasted so good and I didn't want to. But I new I should. Why is it that she could apply this technique right away and I felt like I had to think about it and "start on Monday". How many of us will start a new on Monday, or next Month. Because I felt so guilty about scarfing down my food, I came home and helped myself to some more Easter Candy. There you go muffin top, keep getting bigger. Why can't I be more like Melissa? Well, Why Not? I am going to apply this to my very next meal. Which for me, due to my busy cooking and baking day that I've had, will be dinner. And I am going to apply this technique to every meal. I wont be denying myself anything, I'll just be more aware of what and how much I'm eating.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I don't think you should beat yourself up about this.

Everyone has different needs nutritonally and calorie wise.

Just because your friend is doing it right now and you're not doesn't mean that you should see it as your failure.

Just keep going and don't feel bad about it.

Make a goal to do better and REALLY pat yourself on the back when you do.

It sounds like you did okay until you got home and ate the easter candy...feeling badly just perpetutates the cycles and makes you eat more.

This is SO what I am doing right now.

Let's shake it off and keep going!

Amberlyn said...

Your right, I shouldn't beat myself up about this. I think I just made things worse by diving into the Easter Candy.
Shake it Off, just shake it off.
Tomorrow is a New Day.