Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Choose your Hard

Today I tried out a new DVD that I bought.  Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.  The front cover tells you, you can lose up to 20lbs in 30 days.  I'm thinking to myself, that would be awesome.  But the key to that kind of success is in the eating.  I also borrowed a Jillian Michael's book from Melissa called Mastering your Metabolism.  I love this book.  It doesn't have a super crazy diet to follow.  Fairly straight forward and simple.  And basically what I've been trying convince myself of for a long time.  No need to count calories or kill yourself in the gym.  As long as you are eating whole foods, grains, fruits and vegetables with good lean protein, you will have optimum health.  This is what I am putting my full faith into this time. 

I've been trying to convince myself that I don't need to exercise.  But who am I kidding.  Exercise will help me in so many other ways.  I know I've had this conversation before, but it's true.  I would rather be heavy set and fit, rather then crack hore skinny and on the verge of death.  I enjoyed the short,intense work out that 30 shred provided.  My heart rate was elevated,I was sweating, and it was hard.  But it has to be hard for me to see results.  I know this is the mental block that I'm having.  I don't want anything to be hard.  I want it to be easy.  But if it were easy everyone would be doing it.  I liked this quote I found on pinterest, again:

Losing weight is hard. Staying overweight is hard. Choose your hard.

I am choosing my hard.  I am choosing to lose weight.  I know how hard it is to be overweight and I don't want that hard anymore.  It's not a rewarding hard.  I want something hard to do that will make me finally feel good about myself.  I want a hard that will transform my life into something beautiful. 

No comments: