Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's Working!!!!!!

The last time I weighed in was the day after my 37th birthday.  I lost 4lbs.  It felt amazing.  I wasn't broken.  It gave me the motivation to keep doing what I was doing.  It made eating less, easier.  It made saying no to certain foods easier.  It gave me no desire for soda.  It gave me a desire to work harder in my work-outs.   And let me tell you, it's working.  I didn't want to weigh in again until the end of the month.  I couldn't play the scale game.  It does murder on my emotions.  Today was the day for me to weigh in.  I was thrilled with the results.  I have lost another 7lbs!!!  My goal was to lose 15lbs before my trip to Disneyland with my husband.  I am so so so close.  And it feels amazing.  I recognize that the medication my Dr. gave me is really helping to suppress my appetite.  At this point, I needed some kind of help, and that is the help I needed.  I have such a strong desire to make the right choices.  I'm grateful for the help it is giving me.  I needed this boost. 

There have been a few hard things that I've had to face this last week.  It has driven me to the gas station for a Diet Coke.  And one of those times I chose to get package of coconut m&m's.  I knew what I was doing an allow my emotions to drive my eating.  Then I stopped.  I knew that those items can not comfort me.  They've never been able to comfort.  I end up self sabotaging in the past.  I stopped, fell to my knees and pleaded to the one that can give me comfort.  I prayed for help.  I prayed for strength.  Life is hard, but I can't let life get in the way of my success.  I've let it in the past, and I refuse to allow certain hard things prevent my progress. 

Working out has gotten hard too.  But that's another kind of hard. 

No comments: