Thursday, February 7, 2013

I'm Not Broken

For some odd reason I felt a little thinner this morning then I did yesterday.  So I decided to get on the scale.  What was I thinking?  I told myself that I wouldn't be stepping on the scale and that I would just use my clothes as my gauge.  The desire to lose weight is just to strong to stay away from the scale.  To my utter delight, the scale was down, a lot.  I had to get on and off 3 times to confirm that it wasn't a hoax.  I went through my morning still in shock.  I didn't eat or drink anything before I went to work out with Melissa.  I wanted to see if the number was true.  A few hours later I got on the scale, it went up a tad.  How may I ask does it do that?  Especially when your body is doing more expelling of liquids then ingesting?  But what ev.  The scale was still down. 

I texted Melissa to tell her I was coming over early to weigh in.  I took the scale in to a spare room, striped down to my sci-vies and stepped on her scale.  Which, I might add is NEVER nice to me.  I was shocked, by what I saw.  It read the same as my scale at home.  SUCCESS, I'M NOT BROKEN!!  I am down 4lbs!!  After Melissa's 9am clients left she asked me how it went and when I told her the number I started to cry.  What another tender mercy for me.  All this hard work that I have been putting in with my nutrition is finally starting to pay off.  And the beautiful thing about all of it, is that I'm not being weird about my food, or hurting myself, or depriving myself, or (most important) hating myself. 

What motivation to see the scale go down.  How rewarding as well.  Now, I don't want to do anything to take that success away from me.  I realize I still need to eat, but eating is less attractive to me.  I think that has a lot to do with the phertmine.  At this point, I don't care.  What I'm doing is working and that's all that matters to me. 

I am excited to see what happens when I introduce more exercise. 

Happy Be-lated Birthday to me!! 

No comments: