Monday, February 4, 2013

Plugging

I'm still moving along.  Saturday I filled a prescription to suppress my appetite and give me energy.  Well, I'm not sure it did either today.  I'm not sure if I didn't eat much today out of desire or if the meds really were working.  Either way, I ate only 3 times, and had one protein shake.  That is a great day.  I'm not sure how many calories I consumed.  I'm trying to get away from that.  I'm just trying to stick to the Body for Life philosophy.    A portion of protein, a portion of carb and with 2 meals a vegetable.  Of course I'm trying to add way more vegetables.  I failed at that today, but I will be better tomorrow. 

I haven't noticed any changes in my body.  I refuse to get on the scale because that just plays mind tricks on me.  I know that what I'm doing will make a difference though.  I have faith that it will. 

I have a hard time working out on Monday's, in the winter.  I love getting out on the pavement in the sun.  Right now I'm just not that motivated, still.  Ugh!  I only have a few weeks before I start my year of traveling and I want to be down a few pounds.  I don't want to be swollen either.  I guess the one good super highlight of the day is that I had no soda and no sweets.  I made some more no sugar cookies today out of bananas and oatmeal.  They are good for what they are.  I'm sure I can make them better.  I just have to continue to experiment.  The idea of orange, chocolate and craisins went through my brain.

My good intentions seemed to slip a lot on Friday.  Weekends have notoriously been really hard for me.  This time around was no different.  But I didn't go crazy like I normally would.  I enjoyed guilt free soda and a few more sweets.  Bring on the gummy bears sixlets. 

I want to lose weight so badly.  That is the truth.  Yes, i want health and a long life.  But I also would like to lose weight.  I would still like to feel light on my feet.  I would like to be able to easily put on my shoes without my gut getting in the way.  I would like to look in the mirror and not see a chubby swollen face. 

Right now I have super good intentions.  I am striving to eat more healthy, whole, no processed foods.  That alone has to be helpful. 

At least I'm not walking around the bottom of my mountain with my hands in my pockets and my head held low.  I'm finally just doing it.  Stop the whining and the complaining and JUST IT!!

No comments: