Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Progress

I made it through my birthday "week".  I never can seem to stick to one trip to a restaurant.  This time, I went out 3 times.  I feel so lucky since eating out is something that I LOVE to do!!   I am so proud of the way I handled myself each time.  I didn't over eat, I enjoyed myself and I didn't feel guilty at all.  Now the trick is, getting through the rest of February with Valentine's being tomorrow, my son's birthday on Sunday and my Twins birthday a week and a half later.  Its an overly busy month, but one that I am grateful for. 

I feel like things are going so great.  yesterday and today I did a workout on the treadmill which helped me burn 300 calories in 30 minutes.  In addition to that I discovered that I can run faster and harder then I thought I was capable of.  I kept using my weight as the reason I couldn't fun fast or hard.  Well, I just disproved that I it feels awesome!!  I keep thinking of all those contestants on the biggest loser who run on the treadmill when they are 100's of pounds overweight.  If they can do, shoot, so can I. 

I forget how exhilarating it feels to push yourself hard.  To look back at what you just did and think, "That's right, I just did that!"  I love the tingle that comes afterwards.  I love the red hot face and the sweat dripping in my eyes.  How could I have forgotten how much I love this?  Because I was doing it for the wrong reasons last time.  This time I'm doing it out of love, and not hate. 

Over the past two weeks I have been praying to have fear removed from my heart and replaced with faith.  I might have mentioned this previously, but fear and doubt or leaving my heart.  I am more committed to myself then I ever have been before.  For the first time I have hope.  I'm not doubting that what I'm doing is going to show results.  Things are falling into place and I am so grateful for that. 

No comments: