Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Not in the Mood

In my attempt to follow a strict diet this week, I realized that I no longer want to follow something strict. I am not in any kind of mood to put myself through something like that right now. The first day my energy was gone. I longed for a diet coke and regular food. Just a slice of whole wheat bread, please.

I don't want to go back to the way I was, by any means. I just want to eat healthy. I just wish that eating healthy wasn't so ding dang expensive. This week there wasn't too many items for sale. And I guess I could have made a greater effort to search for the great deals. But again, I'm just not in the hunting mood.

Nor am I in the mood for counting calories.

I am going to keep on blogging. I don't want my journey to end. I'm not completely the person that I want to be. I just have lost drive and motivation. I need to approach my journey in a different way. I'm going to focus on portion control, and not eating sweets until the weekend, and don't eat after dinner. I know that I am strong enough to follow these guidelines.

I have been drinking more water, which is refreshing. The only irritating thing about this is that my jug of ice water becomes the community drinking fountain. My kids LOVE drinking my water!!! But it's mine. Not much is strictly your own when you are a mother.

2 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

Sometimes its just gettin' through it, isn't it? Keep pluggin' along. The fire will come back eventually.

Anytime I have a water jug or something, my kids slurp it down too! It drove me crazy after my last baby.

Randi said...

I am so with you here! I sit and wonder why I lose motivation. It's crazy to me why I give up. I am finding that I am not going back to old ways, just tired of thinking about it all the time. I have also been really worn out and tired and stressed lately. It seems like this is one more thing. I have also learned in the past that diets that are too restricting, do NOT work in the long run. At least not for me. They completely backfire. Diets that cut out healthy things (in moderation) like whole wheat breads, certain fruits, and the occasional sugary treat aren't healthy, wise, or successful. That's just my little vent. YOu're doing so good and everyone needs a break. Hang in there.