Thursday, August 27, 2009

You've missed me, haven't you.

Big Sigh.

Where to begin.

Again.

I had a very rude awakening today. I have been building up to bounding back on my journey, but just dragging my feet. Telling myself that they way I am is good enough. In reality, it's not. I look at recent photos taken of me, and I shutter. Even though I've lost 23lbs, I still have so much more work to do. But the photos wasn't my awakening. My friend Melissa recently passed her Personal Trainer's test, Big HURRAY for her. This morning after our merciless upper body work-out, Melissa took my measurements and calculated my body fat, and weighed me.

Gasp....

I didn't know it was going to hurt so bad. Not physically, but emotionally. I was told that I have 41% body fat. WHAT??? Are you kidding me, I knew it was going to be bad, but not THAT bad. Tears welled in my eyes and I knew my journey wasn't finished. I also had gained 3lbs. That was better then expected. My clothes have been feeling a little snug.

The only positive that came from today was my willingness not to throw my hands up and give up on the spot. Melissa asked if I needed a hug. NO, no, no, I don't want anybody to touch me, I'm too upset for comfort.

Instead of starting on Monday, I started today. Which means I'm serious. Usually I have to start anew on a Monday. But the shock and hurt that I'm almost 50% fat, oh that's bad, was all the knowledge I needed to start NOW!!!

So, here I start again. My journey to a healthy fit life is priority again. So come along and join me. It's going to be filled with more bumps, bruises, tears, sweat, anguish, joy, and ultimately empowerment. Cause doesn't it feel good when you are in control and not the food? When you can say " No thanks".

2 comments:

Liz said...

I have missed you! I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Here's to moving onward and (in your case) downward!

Randi said...

I've missed you, too!