Friday, September 18, 2009

Health being second nature

As I continue to ponder my new approach to life and all things fit and healthy, I wondered what it would really be like to be truly healthy. Health to me is how I treat my body with food. I am on the right path, but it is a struggle every day. It's work. I want to get to the point where eating right is second nature. I find it's still difficult to break years and years and years of bad eating habits. IT'S A FIGHT!!!! Sometimes it's a good fight, and other times, not so good. I want to get to the point where all I have in my house is good wholesome delicious food. I want to look at cakes, cookies and candy as repulsive. Because they are, they are the enemy. But why does the enemy have to taste so darn good. I think that's where the balance part comes in. Everything in moderation.

In an effort to make my life more healthy I am going to start featuring a salad a week. Over and over I've been told that salads are so good for you. Well, raise your hand if you get sick and tired of salad? I do!!! But I know how much fun and exciting salads can be too. So I hope to inspire myself to incorporate salads into my everyday life, thrusting me into that second nature health.


2 comments:

Liz said...

For me, wanting to think cookies, cakes, desserts, etc. are repulsive is not in the realm of possibility right now. I would settle for being able to take it or leave it. Keep up the fight!

Sal-my-gal said...

This is me raising my hand while thinking of the leftover birthday cake I succumbed to yesterday. When does the battle get easier?