Friday, November 6, 2009

Where's the meat?

That's the question my daughter asked me on Monday. I was making dinner and she was wondering where the meat was. I informed her that you don't have to eat every night for dinner. Before I realized it, we have had 4 vegetarian meals this week. I didn't mean for that to happen it just did. No one complained. I don't think the rest of my kids even noticed that we weren't eating meat. I think the reason it happened was for financial reasons. Meat is expensive. Beans and rice are not. I sure made good use of the beans, and the rice.

I had a revelation today while working out with Melissa. If I just dedicate myself to hard work for 3 months, I could finish losing the weight that keeps haunting me. Just 3 months of being strict and crazy will allow me the freedom that I so much crave. What am I going to do with revelation? I don't know, we'll just have to see. I've always wanted to be a caterpillar in the winter, and emerge in the springtime a beautiful butterfly. Winter great because you can hide so much with sweatshirts and jeans. I want to come out of winter a new person. Is it doable? It sure is. And with Melissa's help she can make my dream a reality. I think she wants this for me more then I want it for myself. She's seen me struggle with my weight ever since we've known each other. She says she invisions me being the person I long to be. Now if I can just invision that for myself. I need to try harder at that technique. I can start asking myself what a 160 woman would do. I think I'll start that technique again, but try even harder to invision myself at that weight.

Oh the potential!!!

breakfast:
yogurt and granola(120)
eggs(95)

snack:
none

lunch:
dos sopes(400)
salad(60)
bite size crunch bar(60)

snack:
a few pices of candy(60)

dinner:
baked potato(500)

total calories consumed:1255

exercise: Tae-bo 45min
calories burned: 400

exercise: strength training 60min
calories burned:400

total calories burned: 800

3 comments:

Carter said...

I have the caterpillar/butterfly goal, too!

Btw, my sister is a strict vegetarian and she is tiny, tiny with not much effort. Although I don't think I could ever be as strict as she is (I'm not convinced going completely meatless is necessarially "healthier") I think there's something to moderation, for sure.

Randi said...

WOOPS! Didn't mean to comment under his name (above) I forgot I was signed in wrong.

Sal-my-gal said...

What a revelation to have as we move into the holiday season. I was just thinking how was I going to survive the holiday season? That revelation would be much easier to act on in January wouldn't it...