Monday, November 2, 2009

Say Hello to Temptation


This is what's staring me in the face today!!! Two huge bowls of freaking Halloween Candy. I can just feel my gut getting bigger as I sit here just looking at it. It makes my drive to be a strong woman, stronger. I can't let this shiz hold me back from my potential. It's easy to say that in the morning and after you've had a weekend of no control. But what am I going to feel like after lunch when my hunger for something sweet hits me? Am I going to allow myself a small piece? Or will that small piece turn into 3 or 4 or 5 or possibly more? So do I just not put a single piece of wretched candy in my mouth? That seems to be the right answer. Melissa always tells me to look at candy as the most disgusting thing on the earth, repulsive, nasty, vomitus. Not just candy, but other items that can cause your health to go out the window. You know what I'm talking about, chips, white bread, frozen burritos, you get the idea. When you think of those things as repulsive it should be easy. I haven't used this technique yet, but I think I might start today. Candy is NOT good, it is NOT my friend and will only cause me anger and frustration and a front butt and a bedonkedonk butt. No thank you.

I wasn't strong enough to resist the Temptation. But like Dr. Oz says, make an immediate U-turn and start going in the right direction. So that's what I'm doing. I messed up, but I'm not going to ruin the rest of the day. I'm putting the candy way up high in my pantry and shutting the door. I put a piece of gum in my mouth and filled a large cup with ice water. I'm not going to progress if I keep making these mistakes. But I refuse to beat myself up over it. That's counterproductive as well. I'm just taking that U-turn and going to finish the day off the right way.

I failed miserably today. It sucked. I never took that U-turn. I never put the candy up.

It has to change tomorrow. I hate how my clothes are beginning to get snug again. That's bad that's really really bad.

Hopefully a morning at the gym will kick start me into some eating well. Let's cross our fingers

breakfast:
cottage cheese and mandarine oranges
2 slices turkey bacon

lunch:
1 corn quesadilla
1 cup cabbage soup

snack:
more cottage cheese and mandarine oranges

dinner:
home made white beans in a tortilla
1/4 cup applesauce.

plus grazing on candy all day long. If I could have stopped the grazing, I would have had a decent day. Yes, i still need more veggies in my diet. More prayers are needed.

2 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

Ugh. You and me both! I think I've eaten most of the good stuff already. I doubt my run this morning made a dent in the calorie overload!

Kelli said...

Holy Halloween candy! Six kids times six buckets equals a ton of candy. That is crazy. You should find a dentist that is willing to give you cash for your candy. I heard about this on tv. You would make bank and then your children could go and buy them a prize or something like that.