Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Denying my Daughter

Yesterday my sweet daughter, who grounded herself until Thursday from friends, asked me if she could make some cookies. I simply told her I couldn't have cookies in the house. Why not she asked. Because I'm trying to be good. And if there are cookies in the house it makes it really hard for me to be good. But Mom, I'll leave them in my room where they are no where near you. Ya, right. Like I'm going to let my daughter make cookies and then leave them in her room. I told her that I have no healthy cookie recipes. End of story. Or so I thought. After school today, since Hannah was still grounded and still determined to make cookies, googled "healthy cookie recipes". And she found one, and it only had 4 ingredients and was just 10 calories per cookie. I was impressed. Ya, they were merguines. But we added orange zest and vanilla to the batter and I have to admit, they were quite tasty, even delicious. So delicious that I had more then four of those cus cookies. Moral of this story? Research for healthy cookies is a great way to stick to a new way of life.

A funny thing happened to me while I was on the treadmill watching VH1. Every song could be a metaphor for losing weight. Carry Underwood talked about a man being a tall glass of water but turns out to be candy corn disaster. I've experienced candy corn disaster, how about you? Maybe it's not candy corn. It could be redvines, or m&m's, or chips, and let's not talk about zingers. I had a major disaster with those about 4 years ago. I need to be reaching for that tall glass of water. A new stradegy that I'm trying to combat night time cravings. Another song that came on was Rob Thomas' Living Outloud. He talked about starting all over, and expressing ourselves with our words and basically communicating instead of leaving all our feelings pent up inside. Boy, am I so guilty of this. I am going to try and live my life more outloud. I think it's healthy. I'm talking about VERBAL communication. None of this texting crap. I'm not going to progress much if I don't let my loved ones know how I'm feeling about my life and the lives of those around me and how we are weaving in and out of each others lives. Ya, it can get complicated, and frustrating but it's how we learn and grow.

breakfast:
cereal and milk with a side of bacon

snack:
a few almonds

lunch:
grilled chicken and pork with a whole lot of veggies

snack:
more stinking cheese
carrots

dinner:
egg salad sandwich.
Just wasn't feeling the chili I had made for everyone else. I actually didn't want to go near the cheese or the chips with a ten foot pole so I opted out.

snack:
5 merguine cookies

calories in: Who knows. Too tired to count

calories burned: 570, that's 60 minutes run/walking on treadmill

No comments: