Monday, December 7, 2009

Dreaded Weekend was indeed dreadful

When I'm not trying to be super careful with what I eat, I love the weekends. But the weekends simply suck when I'm trying to earnestly lose weight. I know it shouldn't be difficult. But it was. Hunger reared it's ugly head on Friday, and it was ugly. I kept it at bay by eating every 2 hours, that's how hungry I was. Then my primary class came over for a pizza party. I had two slices of regular full fat pizza, it was my home made pizza so I know exactly what was in it. But then my teaching partner, Linda, brought over some muddy buddies and my best efforts when out the window. I downed a cup full of that stuff, and then another. I'm so ashamed I haven't been able to bring myself to tell Melissa. I know how disappointed she would be. BIG SIGH!!! I'm disappointed in myself. Especially after doing so well at Enrichment just the previous night. It stinks. But what do I do? Continue on with my mini melt down by going to Arby's with my dad. I did pass on all fries, and dipped my roast beef sandwich in honey mustard. Which I will be doing from now on because that was the best thing ever!! After getting back to my Dad's he had a container of gum drops on the counter. I set them aside and tried to hide them as best i could, but he quickly pulled those things out and I just couldn't resist again. Weekends are so ding dang difficult. Sunday was better. I fasted until after church and induldged in some redvines and 1/2 cup of ice cream. Then I thought I did pretty good at Brent's work party. Still, I know I can do better. I have to do better if all my hard work is going to actually be effective.



I went to the gym Saturday morning, swearing at myself the whole way. Then I managed to get up out of bed again this morning and made it to the gym again. I ran for 30 minutes and then walked for 30 minutes. It felt good. Now I just feel my body falling apart. Both knees of mine are hurting and in different ways. I would have ran longer but didn't want to injure myself. So walking it was. At least I got right back on track again this morning. Pat on the back for me.

I ended the day really well. Instead of eating the casserole i made for my family I had an egg salad sandwich with 1/2 an apple. I didn't eat anything after that. I wanted to, mind you. But losing this weight is more important then that bite of ice cream.

I ate about 1300 calories today. I tracked it on a notebook downstairs. I'm excited to be turning in my food logs to Melissa. I think having her evaluate my menu will be really helpful.

No comments: