Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A little bit of Ghetto Booty

Recently at my Gym the Tae-bo instructor departed. I remember going to her class 2 years ago. Not much had changed which was a little comforting. It was a little sad to see her go. Last week I was gone for the first class of the new instructor. This morning I met her. She was very nice, very outgoing. She introduced herself and asked me what my name was. I can't repeat her name because it was a tongue twister. It sounded a lot like Shakira, but it's not Shakira. She told us we could just call her Shoe. If that name sounds a little black, it's because it is and so is the instructor. She was SO much fun. I found myself laughing at my white girl uncoordination. She literaly asked us to shake our booties. You know, like you see in all the J-Lo music videos. It was bad, on my part. How do you do that kind of shake? Seriously. In another combination move she asked us to ride that pony. Ya, you read that right. Complete with laso and reigns. I felt a little foolish. But it was really fun to "shake" up my work-out. I hope to channel some of that ghetto and shrink my booty.

Today was another good eating day. I made sure I was prepared and didn't leave the house hungry and made sure I ate lunch at home. Staying on top of my hunger is key. I realize that it's only the second day. But you have to start with some kind of momentum. It was hard again in the evening not eating sweets after dinner. I was still a bit hungry so I ate a little more turkey. I hope was the right choice.

Today was also another good exercise day. Not only did I make it to the gym for an hour, I worked out with Melissa for a good 50 minutes. If that's not serious determination, I don't know what is.

breakfast:
1 cup of chex
1 cup milk
1/2 banana
2 slices of bacon

snack:
cheese and an apple

lunch:
egg salad sandwich
carrots

snack:
more cheese, it was another indulging day.

Don't you find that when you cut major things out of your diet you turn to other outlets. I know I have to watch my cheese intake. And I will only eat it once tomorrow.

dinner:
turkey, bacon, avacado salad.

Total calories: About 1400

Total calories burned: roughly 770

No comments: