Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Just a few thoughts, wish they were better

The sorry horrible truth is that I am jealous of all these people who are accomplishing what I have been trying to do for years and years and years.  Lose weight, be a smaller size, and be a good runner.  I think I'm just having a pity party right now and just need to vent.  What am I going to do with all these feelings of jealousy and envy?  Nothing but get my own butt in gear.  I have no one else to blame for the state that I am in except myself.  Yes, I have made improvements, but none of them physically.  I sure hope the physical part comes soon.  I just don't think it's fair.  I have a hard time reading about others success when I sit here in all my chubby glory.  I guess I have to find solace in the fact that I am just doing it a little slower and when I finally make it to that coveted place it will be permanent.  And not fleeting.  Nothing that I have to keep fighting for.  That thought gives me hope.

I have to remember that my situation is different then everyone else.  I have my own challenges to face and my own mountains to climb.  I am okay with my own struggles.  They are mine and I can deal with them. 

I feel better already.  I am not going to let these disappointing feelings keep me down.  Besides, I have done tons better with my eating.  And that's saying a lot.  Okay, it's only been two days.  But it's starting to come naturally.  Thanks heaven's for that.  I've been eating a lot more salads, veggies, and green smoothies.  Today I added a huge handful of spinach, 1/2 roasted beet(cuz of it's natural sweetness), handful of frozen berries, few spoonfuls of greek yogurt, some agave and ice.  Blended it with a little bit of milk and it was delicious.  No, I'm serious, it really was good.  And the amazing part, it kicked my 3 pm craving and I'm still full from it.  That is another miracle in and of it's self.

Things are getting better.  I was just feeling sorry for my chubby butt.  Is it possible to have a firm chubby butt?

2 comments:

Randi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randi said...

I'm not jealous of other's progress, what-not. I don't care, really, although I am jealous that other's have more free time than I do at the moment. School, work, kids' busy schedules hardly leaves me time to be a work-out-aholic. However, I am improving myself in other ways which will be beneficial to me and my kids will be grown before I know it and I'll have enough time to workout 'till I drop then. At least I won't regret where my priorities were (as they lay now). I'm making changes like eating healthier, eating less and getting in exercise when I can (on my feet for 12 hours is definitely a calorie burner) as is working myself up to taking all 7 flights of stairs to get to work. I'm currently able to hit the 5th floor-someday I'll run it. But I don't have the time, or energy to work out 7 days a week. Esp after working an all-nighter-no way! My point is, don't be hard on yourself. We're all in different places in life. Some have more time to devote to exercise than others. I, personally, will never be a fanatic. I like my down time and I like food. I can definitely be better, carry around less chub, and eat healthier, but I'll never be a body-builder, marathon runner. And I'm ok with that. :)