Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Progress not Perfection

Tuesday was a much better day.  My desire to eat healthy was strong, and it has been for several months.  It's just this bad habit of turning to super easy things to eat and I love the way sugar tastes in my mouth.  I'm beginning to hate what it does to my body.   It's too bad that good things take a minute to cook.  But in the long run I can see some benefit in that as well.  I can take the time to think about what it is that I am making, preparing, and cooking and how good it is for me. I can also think about how grateful I am that I have good food to eat to help my body become what God intended it to be.  This may sound silly.  But I think there is great power behind doing this.  I am going to give it a go.

What did I eat yesterday.  Toast and a peach for breakfast.  Lunch I had left over broccoli soup, beet salad with balsamic vinaigrette, and roasted butternut squash.  I also had a slice of whole wheat bread with pb and j on it for my sweet fix. 

I snacked on a relish tray.  In my desire to eat more grains I attempted to make some super healthy muffins.  I think it was a success.  In 24 muffins there was just 4 TBL of oil, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.  I substituted bananas for the sweet and applesauce for the fat.  I also added bran and whole wheat.  They were hearty and delicious.  If you'd like the recipe you can get it here at A Happy Healthy Heritage.  My good friend Melissa sucked me into doing another blog.  But this one is awesome and I'm super excited to start sharing all my yummy recipes. 

Although my day wasn't perfect.  I am not looking for perfection, I'm looking for progress.  It was a good day.  I got in a jog, was conscious of what I ate and loved everything I made.  I think that is a good day. 

I still have pain from Monday.  But I guess that is good too.  I hope to work on my upper body today to balance out the hurt.

No comments: