Friday, October 7, 2011

Through Different Eyes

I had been debating on whether or not to watch the Biggest Loser.  I love that show.  But I always have mixed feelings.  I love being inspired by it especially when I have 1/10th of the weight to lose.  At the same time I also feel disappointed in myself when I can't achieve the same result.  Which I understand is a silly thought. 

Yesterday I felt like being inspired.  And inspired I was.  It came in one moment with a big tall black retired football player and Bob.  In that moment this big burly black man was crumbled in the grass crying.  Bob told him that he was an athlete.  This man disagreed.  Bob then said something very profound.  He said something to this effect:  You need to start looking at yourself the way I see you, as an athlete and strong.  I just started to cry.  I look at myself so much differently then those that love me do.  Especially my Heavenly Father.  I need to start seeing myself as my loving Heavenly Father sees me.  But that is easier said then done.  But to be successful in becoming a runner and a hiker, this is so vital. 

Those that love us see us through different eyes.  Yes, they may see our weaknesses, but we focus on those well enough.  Most of the time those that love us see the good in us and our great potential.  Along with nurturing myself, I need to start seeing the good in myself and the great potential that I have.   I think you could probably spend a lifetime trying to overcome your weakness and seeing the good in ourselves.  But life is a journey a process.  Every little step toward progress is a success and should be celebrated.  Life is about finding joy in those small moments and holding onto them and never forgetting that we are all good.  Heavenly Father doesn't demand perfection.  He just wants us to do our best.  In doing our best we find progress.

1 comment:

Sal-my-gal said...

I've been debating whether to watch or not myself. They're saved in my DVR, but I can't commit yet