Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Feel like More

I know that resting is key to successful training.  But I also feel like I should be doing something every day.  Today I didn't do much of anything except some yoga,stretching, and a few core exercises.  Jumping into this training is a tad bit overwhelming and I'm still trying to find a balance of things I should be doing.  Should I still be strength training or cross training while I am heart rate training?  I guess I need to be doing some more research online.  I want to be successful with this half marathon.  Ugh!!!

Did I mention this is overwhelming?!!

I wanted to share with you my favorite lunch that I've been having.  I figured out the calories on myfitnesspal.com which it ends up being between 330 and 400 calories.  And it is to die for delicious.  My favorite lunch is Whole Wheat Thai Chicken Pita Pizza.

You take:
1 whole wheat pita
Spread 2 TBL Thai Chili Sauce mixed with 1 TBL Adam's Peanut Butter on top of Pita
Sprinkle a thin layer of shredded mozz. Cheese.
Layer a few slices of Roasted Chicken Breast
Next, layer thinly sliced zucchini
Sprinkle on some freshly sliced Green onions
And to finish, add cilantro leaves to taste.  I love cilantro so I add a lot.  If cilantro tastes like soap to you,                           leave it off.  

Place in an oven pre-heated to 425 and cook until gold brown on the edges.  If you have a toaster oven that works, you can you that too!!  You will not be disappointed in this pita pizza!!  My kids even love it.  They request to have it.  Although they don't add the zucchini, something about not loving veggies yet.

No comments: