Monday, June 25, 2012

No Weight Training for Me

Instead of going on a run Friday I opted to go to Cross fit with my Mom.  Although I loved the work out and being with my Mom I just wont be able to lift while training for this1/2 marathon.  I don't lift often enough and tend to get really sore everytime I do any kind of lifting.  I understand how important weight training is, I'm going to have to hold off on this for a while. 

I went on another run this morning and was disappointed with how heavy I felt and how long it took me to run.  I went for 3.2 miles.  Tomorrow I am going to go on a bike ride and try to keep my heart rate within it's proper range.

Of course the one thing that I continue to struggle with is nutrition.  I did much better today and honestly logged my calories on myfitnesspal.  I realize that I still need to eat less in general and eat more vegetables.  I cooked up some quinoa today and plan on adding that to my awesome fresh corn and avacado salad I made.  I ate it with home made whole wheat pita bread.  It was raw, clean and delicious. 

I didn't get rid of all the cookies and treats in my pantry.  Which is a huge mistake.  I am too weak to say no.  I had a scotcharoo after lunch and just couldn't help having a cookie before dinner and another scotcharoo after FHE.  Just empty fatty calories.  I hate admitting that I had these items.  But it's the truth and I need to be honest with myself. 

Tomorrow is going to be better.  I'm like an electric stove top, I take a while to warm up and get going.  Now that I have an exercise plan and goal, my eating with catch up with me.  It usually does, it just take a good week or so to get going.  And this isn't a short change, but a lifetime change.  Sugar and sweets are something I'm going to have to deal with for the rest of my life. 

Balance in all things.  Where is my balance?

No comments: