Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Successful

Well I managed to successfully fast for 22 hours.  Yes, I am not a complete failure.  There are several things that I love about fasting.  The first and foremost is the fact that I can display some self discipline.  Cuz that's what it takes to fast.  I realize that I am strong enough to not put food into my mouth.  I am strong enough to not eat the sugar.  Another thing that I love about fasting is the feeling of hunger that I get.  For a person who use to eat to numb herself, fasting is a relief.  It's great to feel hunger pains.  And not just smalls ones, but ones that bring me to my knees in humility.  Which brings me to another reason I love to fast.  I realize that I am nothing without the strength of the Lord.  I am weak and consumed by my fallen state.  Without him, this journey will not be possible.  A journey to a permanent lifestyle change.  That is my ultimate goal. I know I talked about goals yesterday.  But in all reality and honesty, a lifestyle change is what I desire most.  A lifestyle change is what will bring the vision of that person I saw yesterday to fruition.  I want to be that person more then words can express.  How hard am I willing to work for that?  Hard enough to fast on a Tuesday. 

Another hopeful strategy was brought to my attention today.  And that is to simply reduce the portions that I eat.  I thought I was doing pretty good at this.  When the kids set the table I insist on having a small plate.  It thinks it's a brilliant strategy.  It just wont work if I'm snacking on foods just before dinner.  Which, I must confess, is a huge bad habit of mine.  That habit is one that I want to change.  In March I stopped snacking while preparing dinner.  I think the reason for that was a green smoothy.  I was making myself a peanut butter and banana with spinach smoothy at about 3pm.  It would satisfy my sweet tooth, and soothed my hunger while preparing dinner.  I think I need to go back to that.  I also try and drink water, ice water.  I love ice water.  Nothing is more refreshing. 

I also successfully logged my calories for the day.  I didn't work out due to the fasting.  I did work my butt off scrubbing showers and tubs.  Does that count if I got sweaty? 

My favorite thing I ate today was a whole wheat thai chicken pita pizza!!  Oh My GOODNESS  it was delicious.  Want to know what was on it? 

I took my thai chili sauce and added some Adam's Peanut Butter to eat and used that as the base.  Then I sprinkled a little bit of Mozzarella cheese on top of that.  Then I put some roasted chicken, like 4 slices, then I put some sliced raw zucchini next, and for the grand finale I put thinly slice green onions and fresh cilantro!  Can you say heaven on a whole wheat pita!!  Let me tell you how many calories was in one... 331.  Not bad right?  And it's worth every stinking calorie too!!  I drank a cherry coke zero with it.  Just couldn't control myself with that one.  And it was worth every burning gulp!!  

No comments: