Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Heart Rate Training, 2nd run

I went out for my second run today.  I experienced basically the same feelings as the first run.  I went .5 miles longer this time and felt like I could go longer.  I love how this training is not to hard on your body.  As I've gotten older my knees have started to bother me(I'm sure that has a lot to do with the extra weight I'm carrying) and my feet hurt me too.  Before 30 I never suffered from any of the aches and pains.

From what I understand, heart rate training is also a great way to stay within your fat burning zone.  Which for someone trying to lose weight is great information.  In the past I have found that the more I exercise the more I want to eat.  So now the challenge is to snack on fruits and vegetables rather then chips, cookies, or store bought highly processed foods.  Which as we all know, are highly addictive.

I felt like eating something sweet this morning for breakfast, but knew I needed to get in a smoothy.  My solution, a simple Peanut Butter, Banana, and Spinach smoothy with just a little bit of home made (no high-fructose corn syrup)chocolate syrup.  Oh man, it hit the spot beautifully.  Just because I still like to chew on somthing I toasted up a piece of %100 home made whole wheat bread with some home made low-sugar raspberry freezer jam, DELICIOUS!!  Followed up with a tall glass of ice water.  What a perfect start to the day.

I wish I could say the nutrition is coming naturally and easily.  But it's not.  I still ate far too many calories today which included a rice crispy treat from the store and a half of twix bar.  I feel full, prolly too full right now.  I knew that the nutrition would be the difficult part to this training.  Nutrition is something I have always struggled with.

Right now I am reading the Green Smoothies Diet.  It's mostly a lifestyle that is plant based, eating whole foods and staying away from highly processed foods.  I wish this part of my life came more easy.

No comments: