Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Food Energizers vs. Food Depleters

Today hasn't been as good of a day as yesterday.  Probably because I ate out and had some amazing nachos from Costa Vida.  My new addiction.  That queso sauce is the bomb diggidy.  It is also what's keeping me FAT!!!  I also chose to have a small bowl of ice cream.  Another habit that is keeping me FAT!!!

While putting away my clothes I was saddened by the fact that just in April most of these clothes fit me beautifully.  Now they are getting snug and that is so depressing.  I worked so hard to get where I was.  Again, the word that comes to mind is relapse.  The feelings that are surging through my body are helping me t become more determined then ever to get my life back on track!

Let me focus on the good things that happened today.  I walked my favorite route today early this morning.  It felt great to be outside and enjoying the beautiful view.  I really do live in a stunning area.  The mountains and farmland make me feel like I'm living miles from over crowded cities.  Which I guess I am, I just get transported even further on my walks.  When I stretched after my walk I found that I was still flexible as I desired to be.  My back is feeling amazing!

My cousin and I went to the Temple this morning.  There was a lot of waiting time.  Time to reflect on my goals.  Time to reflect on how I want my life to change.  No where else do I feel more at peace and more loved then in the House of the Lord.

I came home to a quiet house.  My 4 girls were at their craft camp.  That has seriously been the BEST thing for them.  And for me.  I am getting in some much needed quiet time.

I managed to fold and put away 4 loads of laundry, clean up the kitchen and sweep.  There is still gobs of cleaning to do, but that's expected in a house of 8!  Chores are NEVER done.

I feel very tired today.  My energy is low.  I think its what I've chosen to eat.  I know it is.  Yesterday I was energized all day long.  I had no lull.  I need to remember this.  Food is energy.  Well, the right kinds of food are energy.  The kinds of foods that I've been eating have been energy depleters! Exactly what I'm trying to get away from.  So what food gave me energy?  Whole wheat bread, protiens, fruits, salad and water.  That's pretty much what I ate all day yesterday. What sucked me of my energy?  Today I had sweet pork nachos, ice cream, and soda.  Just typing that makes me sick to my stomach.  No wonder I'm feeling depressed and tired.  Its not to late to end my day on a high note.   Grilled chicken salad here I come.  Although I think I just lost my appetite :)

No comments: