Friday, August 13, 2010

Favorite dishes transformed into Salads

As I thought about the new journey that I will be traveling I know I will be eating a lot of salads. But it's so ding dang easy to get bored with salads. Then the thought popped into my head, why not take my favorite meals and turn them into salads? I sat down with a note pad and started listing all my favorite meals and sandwiches. Most everything on my list can be made into a salad.

Here's what I have so far:
Fish tacos
Tacos
Enchiladas
Roast beef sandwich
Tuna sandwich
PF Chang Chicken wraps
Sweet and Sour chicken
BLT
Roasted tomato and chicken sandwich
Hawaiian Haytalks
Lasagna

Then I started thinking about some of my other favorite salads:
roasted beets, orange and red onions
strawberries, almonds, bacon
pear, goat cheese and walnuts

I am excited to start putting together new and exciting salads. I am even more excited to share them with you. I think the hardest part will be coming up with exciting vinaigrette's. Last night I watched Giada DeLaurentis make this amazing Asian chicken salad and I felt a craving for salads. Which is a wonderful thing. I haven't craved salad in such a long time.


This morning I put a pair of pants on that fit losely in the beginning of summer and now fit a little snug. Ugh! I know I have to do something and right now. I need to start on Monday. In pure Amberlyn fashion I will use this weekend to have fun and eat what ev. I usually have to do this in preparation for starting over. I know I will be changing my life again on Monday and it's going to be hard. I will feel like I'm missing out. So that's why I have to get it all in this weekend. Not a good attitude, I know. But it must be done.


Do you have any favorite dishes that you would like scene turned into a healthy salad?

1 comment:

Randi said...

I do this a lot. I love salads so if I am making steak and potatoes, for instance, I will instead load up my plate with salad greens, instead of potatoes and roll, and then thinly slice the meat on top and drizzle with my fav low-cal dressing. I like steak with 1000 Island so I buy Litehouse Lite 1000Island. If it's chicken, I'll do the same but drizzle with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. I figure I overload on the green veggies and not so much the high carb potatoes or caloric sides.