Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Beginnings

Summer is almost over with! Can you believe it? Where did all the time go? Oh that's right, it went to baseball games, the reservoir, birthdays and holidays. School begins in just 2 weeks and I've managed to gain weight this summer rather then lose weight. STORY OF MY LIFE!!!

As I sit here contemplating on what it is that I'm going to write about, my beautiful gut is bluging out the top of my pants. It's so pretty. Everyone should have a bulbous gut like mine! What ev.

A few weeks ago I started, once again, Body for Life. I started it with a friend and was really good at lifting weights for about 1 week. I realized that my head just isn't in the game yet. I think it has to do with summer coming to a close and not wanting to get into a routine that ultimately is going to have to change too soon.

I've also been really un-happy with myself and the way that I look. It's tough when just 5lbs makes such a huge difference in the way your clothes fit. One con about being thinner. Every pound counts! I really really really want to do something about it. But I find that I'm hung-up, snagged on the feelings of disappointment and failure.

Recently I've started and tried so hard to lose weight with hardly any results. Why do I want to put the effort and hard work into something that just isn't going to work for me. So I've been thinking about the other times when I was successful at losing weight. What was it that I did? As much as I HATE to admit it, counting calories REALLY worked for me! As time consuming and teadous as it was, it really did work. Also, at the time I was working out just 30 minutes a day. On top of that I wasn't eating any carbs after breakfast. So there is my answer. Count Calories, No Carbs after breakfast, and don't kill myself working out. I do want to get in 60 minutes, which is reasonable and do-able.

I'm at that point again where something has to change. I have to face my "demons" and move forward. Now that the kids are going to be starting school again, I'll have more free time during the day to devote to ME!! I'll have the time it takes to be tedious and exact.

I wonder when this cycle is going to end for me. When am I going to accept me for who I am, love myself and take care of me naturaly. I know it will happen. It has too. Now that's my new Quest. Not just for 100 good days, but to discover the person that I've always wanted to be.

No comments: