Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Concern for the One

There are so many wonderful talks in this Conference addition of the Ensign. Right now the one talk that has stuck out in my mind is titled... Concern for the One by Joseph B. Wirthlin. This talk is wonderful. Here are a few of my favorite parts:

" Even when you feel that your strength can add little, the Church needs you. The Lord needs you. Remember that the Lord often chooses ""week things of the world "" to accomplish His purpose."

If anyone has felt weak in their ability, it has been me. But I know that I am not alone in these feelings. How comforting to know that the Lord still needs us in our weakness. And that our Best is good enough for Him.

"Except for the Lord, we have all made mistakes. The question is not whether we will trip and fall but, rather, how will we respond?"
"The Lord knows we will make mistakes. That is shy He suffered for our sins. He wants us to get back on our feet ans strive to do better. There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

What comforting words. We will make mistakes, and the Lord knows that. That is why we have repentance. Even for the little things that make us fall flat on our faces. Like this morning, when I was the worst mother to Isabel. She had just pushed way too many of my buttons and evening counting to 10 wasn't working. I feel horrible for the way that I have treated her. But I can go to her and apologize and ask for forgiveness. Then ask the Lord for his forgiveness and help to not do it again.
Life is a learning process and I am learning so much by being the Mother to Isabel.

And in response to spiritual gifts, here is a quote for that too...

"In truth, things of the Spirit are revealed by the Spirit."

This was a GREAT talk.

1 comment:

Denise said...

That's so funny! This was the lesson my Visiting Teaching companion gave this morning.

I really love when I can see the Lord's hand in my life, reinforcing all the things that I need to learn.

I love repentance!

I heard a quote once from a woman who had a lot of kids and she said that she wished that her oldest had had the same mother as her youngest...

I know EXACTLY what she means. I am such a different mother today than I was 11 years old, and I will continue to change and grow and get better.

It's enough.