Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pounding the Pavement

Yesterday despite the rainy weather I decided to go for a walk/jog. I warmed up and then started jogging. I had a certain goal to meet. But as I felt the pounding in my ears from my heavy foot steps I realized that I needed to challenge myself. My foot steps weren't the only thing pounding in my ears. I could once again hear my rear end screaming at me as I felt it's heaviness jiggle up and down, up and down, Ba-bam, ba-bam, ba-bam. I was certain that I was having a thrown down with my large butt, and come hell or high water I was going to win. And I did. I jogged for a full mile without stopping. Compared to runners, this is nothing. But for me, that was such a great feeling. And an even better feeling as I sat on my bedroom floor and felt my face, arms and legs tingle and my veins pump from my quickly flowing blood. I felt alive and accomplished.
During my run I thought about many different things. I compared the pounding of the pavement to life. Not only am I pounding my way to a thinner me, but I am pounding the spiritual pavement as well. Striving to figure out who I am in God's plan, strengthening my testimony, my relationships, and love for myself. I am pounding the motherhood pavement as well. Striving to be a more devoted mother giving of my time to my children. Living With my children instead of By them. EMBRACING motherhood and finding true joy.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love the progress that you are making.

It really is inspiring!

It's funny how everything in our life has a spiritual component, if we are willing to look for it.

Keep going. You are on the right path. Literally. Figuratively

Go.