Monday, May 12, 2008

More of the Same -- BLAH

Now that my sister is gone and Mother's Day is over with I am struggling to get back into the swing of things. I feel the vicious cycle of failure starting to rear it's ugly head. While my sister was here I didn't do much studying or reading in the scriptures. I really feel like that makes a difference. But it's not just that. I am constantly behind on my house work as well. I feel like I am drowning in laundry, my kitchen floor needs to be mopped, my bedroom has piles of clean clothes that need to be put away, and I don't feel like I can get any of it done. Maybe if I'd stop blogging I could get a little more done. There has to be balance though. I know that ultimately everything boils down to this.
I thought Monday was going to be magical and things would be back to normal. But they're not. How do I get back the same excitement that I had just 2 weeks ago? How do I get back my self motivation? I know what the answer is. I think?
What do you do when you lose some of that spark that you had in the beginning? What do you do to get motivated again? I need some suggestions.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I sound like such a jerk! Tempting you to eat forbidden foods then leaving you in a slump upon my departure. Perhaps you need to ease into it--prepare foods that are acceptable but totally amazing and wonderful. Eat only the good stuff. As for your house...baby steps. One room at a time. You'll get it under control.

Amberlyn said...

You are far from a Jerk. I made the choices I did on my own. I wanted to have fun, and I did. And now I and I alone am feeling the responsibilities of those choices.

It will have to be baby steps with the house cleaning. Or it will get so overwhelming.

Today I managed to stay on top of the laundry. It's amazing how much laundry comes from a family of 8.

Denise said...

Okay Amberlyn,

I am in the same place you are right now as far as motivation goes. I need a little (maybe alot).

So here's the challenge. Let's read the Ensign. All of it. Every page. And talk about what we are learning and it can help us be better people and make better choices.

What do you think?

I find that when I am spiritually on track (which I am not right now) then I am better at being physcially and emotionally on track (which I am not right now).

I am not in a bad place, but I certainly could use a little motivation...Couldn't we all?

Amberlyn said...

I'll take that Challenge!!!

I agree whole heartedly with you on this one.

When I was reading my Pat. Blessing and researching it's meanings and reading older talks on spiritual gifts, I felt so much better about how things were going.

Just last night I read the very first talk by Elder Eyring!! Loved it.